Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts go with everything. They're one of my favorite foods. I'm often surprised how many folks haven't even tried them. Well, shame on you. You should! This is a great recipe that ensures that you'll get crispy sprouts every time - the best kind.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cups (one pound) Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered lengthwise
Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking tray with foil and coat it with oil.
2. Place sprouts cut side down on the prepared tray, moving them around so that all the cut surfaces touch some of the oil.
3. Place tray in the center of the oven for ten minutes. Now shake the tray or use tongs to spread the sprouts so that more surfaces come in contact with the oil.
4. Roast another five minutes, or until a taste test tells you that the sprouts are done to your liking.
5. Remove the tray from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes on the baking tray. You can salt them during this time. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Inspired by a recipe by Mollie Katzen of Moosewood Cookbook fame.