Sweet Strawberry Mice
A cute treat for the little ones:)
2 thin slices of almond
2 currants, cut in half, 3 halves needed per mouse
1 strip dried papaya
apple or pear
a drinking straw
1. Wash and hull strawberries.
2. Trim bottom to make it sit as desired.
3. Insert almond slices for ears as shown.
4. Apply nose and eyes using cut currants as shown using toothpick to apply sticky cut side to berry.
5. Make hole for tail using toothpick, insert papaya strip for tail
1 apple or pear makes several
1. Peel and core apple or pear and cut into wedges.
2. Insert drinking straw to make holes to resemble swiss cheese.
3. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Of course these are not recommended for very small children:)