A delicious, healthy side dish.
1 bunch chard (I like to use rainbow chard)
1 to 2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water or vegetable stock
2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil, separated
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up your chard by slicing stem into 1 inch pieces and roughly chopping leaves into large pieces
3. Saute garlic cloves in 1 tablespoons olive oil on medium high for 2 minutes
4. Add chard stems and cook for 3 minutes
5. Add water and mustard powder and stir
6. Add chard leaves and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Remove from heat and mix with red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper
8. Transfer to bowl and drizzle with olive oil
I got the idea for this dish from the 2008 Christmas Sunset magazine.